QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- How does The Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet™ (”ICMD”) work?
- Research shows that when you increase your protein intake to 25% to 30% of your calories, you are less likely to be hungry, and more likely to lose weight. The average American diet is only 10% to 15% protein. Because the Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet™ is so much higher in protein, it brings up your overall percentage of calories from protein. That helps crowd out hunger, and helps you lose weight.
- What’s the difference between ICMD and regular chocolate milk?
- First, ICMD is not simply Chocolate Milk. You will note that we say “Chocolate Milk Reinvented – with 28 grams of protein”. ICMD mixed in 8 ounces of skim milk, has almost 4 times as much protein as chocolate milk, when you compare 8 ounces of each. At the same time, it has 35% less sugars and carbohydrates. For more information, visit - ICMD vs Chocolate Milk.
- How quickly will I lose weight?
- Everyone is different, and the pace of weight loss depends partially on how much you need to lose. Customers who use as directed generally experience loss of 1-2 pounds per week, which can result in loss of 25 to 50 lbs in 6 months. More rapid weight loss is not expected, nor recommended.
- How much ICMD do I need to take?
- During weight loss, we recommend 4 to 5 servings per day. During weight maintenance, we recommend 2 servings per day.
- How many servings are in one container?
- Each container has 17 servings, or scoops, of The Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet™ (“ICMD”)
- How much protein is in The Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet™?
- Each serving, or scoop, of ICMD has 20 grams of protein from whey protein isolate. When you add that scoop to 8 oz. milk, the milk contains 8 grams of protein, so the total is then 28 grams of protein.
- How many calories are there in one serving?
- One scoop – one serving – contains 100 calories. When you add one scoop to 8 ounces of skim milk, then the total calories from the ICMD scoop and skim milk, combined, is still only 180.
- How full should I fill the scoop?
- One serving of ICMD is equal to one level scoop, so you should fill it to the top of the scoop.
- I can’t find my scoop!
- Sometimes in the shipping process the scoop can sink to the bottom of the container. If you take a table knife or spoon handle and stir it around, you should find the scoop.
- Where can I buy The Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet™ ?
- You can order ICMD from our website or over the phone at our toll-free number. Feel free to call us at 877-455-0001, Mon-Fri from 9am to 6pm EST.
We are quick to ship and can do expedited shipping as well. We can take credit or debit cards, checks by mail or over the phone, and money orders by mail.
- Can I mix The Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet™ into hot beverages?
- A little hot, but not very hot. When you get coffee just after brewing, or from the coffee shop, it is too hot. Just let it cool for a few minutes, or add a bit of ice. We don’t recommend mixing ICMD into really hot beverages (hotter than 130 degrees) because it can cause clumping. All proteins change texture when they are heated.
It’s the same reaction that happens when you cook an egg and it turns from a clear gel into an egg white.
If you want, you can use a kitchen thermometer the first few times you mix ICMD into hot beverages so you can get the temperature just right.
- Can I freeze ICMD?
- Yes. Freezing doesn’t break down the proteins in ICMD. Many customers freeze their ICMD into a slushy consistency, and we even have recipes for pudding popsicles.
- Can I mix The Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet™ with water?
- We’ve designed ICMD for milk and we think it tastes best that way. If you are lactose intolerant, you can use milk substitutes such as soy milk, rice milk or almond milk. In heated water, ICMD makes a nice healthy hot chocolate.
- Can I use The Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet™ if I am lactose intolerant?
- ICMD is essentially lactose free. There is so little lactose that it doesn't cause trouble for highly-sensitive customers. No whey protein product is absolutely 100% lactose free down to the last molecule but ICMD is as close as you can get.
ICMD can be mixed into many lactose-free beverages including lactaid milk, soy, rice or almond milk, and coffee.
- Does The Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet™ contain gluten?
- There is no gluten in the formula for ICMD and we do have many customers on gluten-free diets who tolerate ICMD very well. However, we do have to note that gluten does exist in the facility where ICMD is made.
- Is The Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet™ safe for vegetarians and vegans?
- ICMD is a great source of protein in a lacto-vegetarian diet. The whey protein isolate comes from cow’s milk, and that is the only animal product in ICMD.
ICMD would not work for a vegan diet since whey protein isolate comes from cow’s milk.
- I am allergic to shellfish (or eggs, wheat, peanuts, or fish) but I saw it on the label. Does ICMD contain shellfish?
- None of those items are on the ingredient list and they are not in our formula.
Underneath that, you’ll see the ALLERGEN INFORMATION. We try to be very careful to give you all of the information about allergy risk. This statement tells you that the product is made on equipment that also processes those ingredients but it is very unlikely that those ingredients are in the product.
- Can people with diabetes use ICMD?
- Yes. It can be helpful managing your blood sugar.
We have many customers who have diabetes that use ICMD because it is very low in sugar and carbohydrates and high in protein. Each serving of ICMD mixed into milk has the protein of 4 eggs but without the fat and cholesterol.